Cleveland officer fatally shot while serving arrest warrant
CLEVELAND- A Cleveland police spokeswoman says an officer has been shot and killed while serving an arrest warrant at a house on the city's west side.
Officer Nancy Dominik says a 37-year-old man has been taken into custody but has not been charged.
Dominik says the suspect is the man officers were trying to arrest on charges of rape and burglary when they came under fire just before midnight.
She says the officer died at Cleveland MetroHealth Medical Center.
Police aren't releasing details of the shooting or the officer's name.
A news conference is planned for later this morning.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman