Two Detroit officers shot in the line of duty
DETROIT- Two Detroit police officers were shot in the line of duty last night. They have been listed in serious condition. The suspected gunman was shot dead at the scene.
Police say the officers - one man and one woman - were investigating prostitution-related activity at about 6 pm yesterday when they were shot.
Police say an off-duty Wayne County sheriff's reserve officer fired his weapon at the suspect, but they did not say whether his shots killed the man.
The two officers work in the department's Eastern District. They are being treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police