Two Detroit officers shot in the line of duty, suspect dead
DETROIT- Two city police officers shot in the line of duty and have been listed in serious condition. The suspected gunman was shot dead at the scene.
The officers, one man and one woman, were investigating prostitution-related activity at about 6 p.m. Tuesday when they were shot, police spokesman James Tate told the Detroit Free Press.
Tate could not confirm any other details.
Police said an off-duty Wayne County sheriff's reserve officer fired his weapon at the suspect, but they did not say whether his shots killed the man.
The two officers, who work in the department's Eastern District, are being treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy