Details emerge on NM OIS incident
Man shot by cops stole Mom's car and officers fired as car almost hit them
By Bill Rodgers
SANTA FE — A State Police search warrant affidavit provides new details of last week's police shooting in which Santa Fe city officers wounded the driver of a stolen SUV that was carrying four passengers, including a young child.
Roberto Mendez, 25, the man who was shot in the face by Santa Fe officers, had stolen the vehicle from his mother, an officer's search warrant affidavit states.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details emerge on NM OIS incident
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house