NYC officer stable after shooting self
The officer shot himself accidentally in the leg while holstering his weapon at a home where he was responding to a domestic dispute
NEW YORK — A New York City police officer who accidentally shot himself in the leg while holstering his weapon is in stable condition.
The police department said the officer was responding to a domestic dispute in Brooklyn on Saturday night. Police said the officer was inside a home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood when his gun accidentally discharged as he was holstering his weapon. No one else was injured.
The officer was taken to Kings County Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
Police said an arrest related to the domestic dispute was made at the scene.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help