Calif. officer wounded, suspect fatally shot
The officer was allegedly attacked by the suspect and killed, 2 more were wounded
By Robert J. Lopez
Los Angeles Times
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. — A deputy-involved shooting in Laguna Niguel left a suspect dead and three people wounded, including a deputy, authorities said Tuesday night.
The incident was reported shortly before 7:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Chandon, the Orange County Sheriff's Department said.
Gunfire broke out at the scene, and one person described as a suspect was pronounced dead there, the department said.
Three people, including the deputy, were taken to local hospitals with injuries. There were no immediate details on the extent of their injuries.
A report on KTLA TV-Channel 5 said the deputy was allegedly attacked by the suspect.
Copyright 2013 the Los Angeles Times
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic