Detroit officer shot in April dies from injuries
Officer Patrick Hill had been hospitalized since April 2, after being shot in the head during a shootout
Duty Death: Patrick Hill - [Detroit , Michigan]
End of Service: 10/19/2013
By PoliceOne Staff
DETRIOT – An officer who was shot in April died from his wounds Saturday night.
According to CBS Detroit, Officer Patrick Hill had been hospitalized since April 2, after being shot in the head during a shootout.
Police had stopped Matthew Joseph, 23, on suspicion of a homicide and attempted robbery when Joseph opened fire, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Joseph also hit a police sergeant in the leg during the incident.
Both officers were members of the Comprehensive Violence Reduction Partnership unit, a partnership among the Detroit police, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Michigan State Police, the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan Department of Corrections, according to the Detroit Free Press report.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy