Dallas police fatally shoot man who stole TASER
Salvador Munoz grabbed the ECD from police and pointed it at them before he was killed
DALLAS — Dallas police officers say they killed a man after he took a stun gun from an officer and pointed it at them.
When officers tried to handcuff a man at the location, police said the man struggled and grabbed a stun gun being pulled from its holster by the officer.
Police said witnesses heard the officers yell at the man to drop the stun gun. When he didn't, an officer fired his gun at the man, killing him. The man was identified as 22-year-old Salvador Munoz. Police said his criminal history shows arrests for drug possession and delivery, resisting arrest and assault on a public servant.
Full Story: Dallas Police Kill Man in Struggle Over Stun Gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help