Texas cops search for suspect who shot at officers
The man opened fired on officers, who returned fire, police said. He fled into a secluded area, and a police helicopter and a K-9 unit were searching for him Wednesday afternoon
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Grand Prairie police were searching a neighborhood near Joe Pool Lake on Christmas Day after a driver fired at police and then fled.
The incident began at 4:30 a.m., when an officer pulled over a vehicle in the 3100 block of North Caminos Lagos, police said in a news release. The driver fled and police chased him a short way, police said.
The man opened fired on officers, who returned fire, police said. He fled into a secluded area, and a police helicopter and a K-9 unit were searching for him Wednesday afternoon.
Police asked residents of the Mira Lagos neighborhood to limit outdoor activities and report any suspicious activities.
Copyright 2013 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help