Officer wounded, suspect dead in Okla. city shootout
A suspect is dead after firing at police, wounding an Oklahoma City officer who sustained non-life-threatening injuries
By PoliceOne Staff
OKLAHOMA CITY – A suspect is dead after firing at police, wounding an Oklahoma City officer who sustained non-life-threatening injuries Friday.
A man, who has not been identified, was approached by police at a 7-Eleven when he fled across the street and opened fire, striking an officer, according to KOCO.com.
The wounded officer returned fire, killing the suspect.
It is not clear what led up to the confrontation, according to the report.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with our OCPD brother's and the officer involved in the shooting and his family,” the Spencer Police Department wrote on their Twitter page.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper