Video: Calif. pursuit ends in shooting
The pursuit lasted over an hour
SAN DIEGO — A 40-year-old motorist who refused to yield for a traffic stop Thursday led officers on a meandering hour-long chase that ended with him critically wounded in a fusillade of police gunfire after he allegedly brandished a handgun on a Mount Hope street, police said.
The suspect, who had a female passenger with him, sped off about 8:30 a.m. when a San Diego Police Department sergeant tried to pull him over on Grape Street in Oak Park for using a cellphone while he was driving, SDPD public affairs Lt. Kevin Mayer said.
While chasing the 2002 Saturn sedan, police determined that it matched the description of one linked to a shooting that wounded two men in a Mountain View-area neighborhood Monday night.
Full Story: Long road chase ends in police shooting
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper