Video: Calif. pursuit ends in shooting
The pursuit lasted over an hour
SAN DIEGO — A 40-year-old motorist who refused to yield for a traffic stop Thursday led officers on a meandering hour-long chase that ended with him critically wounded in a fusillade of police gunfire after he allegedly brandished a handgun on a Mount Hope street, police said.
The suspect, who had a female passenger with him, sped off about 8:30 a.m. when a San Diego Police Department sergeant tried to pull him over on Grape Street in Oak Park for using a cellphone while he was driving, SDPD public affairs Lt. Kevin Mayer said.
While chasing the 2002 Saturn sedan, police determined that it matched the description of one linked to a shooting that wounded two men in a Mountain View-area neighborhood Monday night.
Full Story: Long road chase ends in police shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department