Suspect killed in shootout with Calif. police
Police responding to a call were met with the armed suspect, who refused to drop his weapon, prompting an exchange of gunfire
By Bill Lindelof
The Sacramento Bee
YUBA CITY, Calif. — Gunfire in Yuba City Thursday night ended with a man shot dead by police.
Neighbors said they were threatened by the man so they sought help from Yuba City police. Officers were dispatched to the man's home in the 2900 block of Hillview Drive about 9:45 p.m.
When police arrived they knocked on the man's door. After a short time, the man came to the door armed
Officers ordered the man to put down his weapon as they retreated to safe positions. He refused, according to a police press release, prompting officers to fire.
The man returned gunfire while moving toward one side of his home. He continued to shoot as back-up officers arrived to the neighborhood.
The man, who has not been identified, was eventually shot and died at the scene.
Copyright 2014 The Sacramento Bee
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform