Armed Mich. suspect shoots cop during standoff, posts to Facebook
The standoff continued as the suspect engaged police
By PoliceOne Staff
BAY CITY, Mich. — A 38-year-old armed man was involved in a standoff with police Friday afternoon, OurMidLand reported.
The suspect, Leroi D. Kocsis, was armed and police were in midst of negotiations while nearby schools when into lockdown.
The suspect posted on Facebook from the scene writing, “I love everybody n[sic] my daughter n[sic] corrupt police have forced my hand.”
Others commented on the status and asked Kocsis to turn himself in.
Kocsis was arraigned on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a relation between the ages of 13 and 16. The charge is punishable by a life sentence.
The incident began when police tried to serve a felony arrest warrant and an officer was shot by Kocsis. The suspect then fled to a residence, barricaded himself in and fired on police.
The officer was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening wounds.
The incident is ongoing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds