Ark. officer killed in crash
An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision
Duty Death: Pete Richardson - [Arkansas]
End of Service: 03/17/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
LEWISVILLE, Ark. — An Arkansas officer was killed Monday in a three-vehicle collision.
According to the Texarkana Gazette, Chief Deputy Sheriff Pete Richardson was traveling in an SUV patrol vehicle with a passenger when the collision occurred. Richardson was driving westbound when he collided with another vehicle. Both vehicles then hit a tractor-trailor rig.
Richardson was pronounced dead at the scene. Richardson’s passenger and both drivers of the other vehicles involved have been transported to the hospital.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms