Video: Calif. beach gathering turns violent, bottles thrown at officers
Two people were arrested and an officer was injured after violence erupted when hundreds of people who had gathered for a drum circle were told to disperse
VENICE BEACH, Calif. — Two people were arrested and a police officer was injured after violence erupted when hundreds of people who had gathered for a drum circle on the Venice boardwalk were told to disperse Sunday night, authorities said.
Between 400 and 500 people had gathered during the evening as part of a weekly drum circle when police arrived, Lt. Marco Munoz said.
Video from the scene showed officers lined up on the beach at one point, and some members of the crowd throwing bottles at them. One officer was treated for injuries he sustained after a bottle hit his leg, according to Munoz. Another bottle broke the window of a police vehicle, he said.
Full Story: Venice Drum Circle Turns Violent; 2 Arrested
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds