Texas university officer dies on duty
Officer Marc Uland Kelley, 41, suffered a heart attack while responding to a call at a residence hall
Duty Death: Marc Uland Kelley - [Trinity, Texas]
End of Service: 03/14/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — A university police officer died after responding to a fire alarm call.
According to My San Antonio, Officer Marc Uland Kelley, 41, suffered a heart attack while responding to a call at a residence hall on the Trinity University campus. He passed away two days later, on March 14.
Officer Kelley was nearing his three year anniversary with the department.
Trinity Police Chief Paul Chapa told Campus Safety Magazine, “Marc stood 6’1” but was a gentle giant at heart. The relationship he maintained with his fellow officers was exemplary as he never spoke a negative word. His service to his community was commendable as he served with honor and integrity.”
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform