Ohio police kill gunman who fatally stabbed mother
Gregory Sanders used a pen to stab his mother, who suffered from brain cancer
By Sasha Goldstein
New York Daily News
WALNUT HILLS, Ohio — A Cincinnati man used a pen to stab to death his terminally ill mother Monday morning before calling cops, admitting his crime and being shot to death by responding officers who found the man armed with a rifle.
“I just murdered my mother,” Gregory Sanders, 37, told dispatchers in a flat voice on a chilling 911 tape released Monday afternoon. “You need to come.”
Officers responding to the 911 call looked inside the home and saw Sanders sitting in the living room of his Lincoln Ave. home with a rifle nearby.
The murderous Sanders walked towards the street wielding the “rifle in firing position despite 20 plus directions to drop the weapon,” Assistant Police Chief Jim Whalen said at a press conference. Sanders continued to advance until three of the four officers unleashed a hail of some 20 bullets, killing the man instantly, Whalen said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house