Violent attacks against Central Fla. officers soaring this year
By Walter Pacheco
The Orlando Sentinel
FLORIDA — More police officers are being kicked, punched and beaten across Central Florida this year, and local and state law-enforcement officials expect the numbers to keep rising.
Opinions differ on the reasons — an increasing crime rate, a focus on thwarting violent criminals and even just having more law officers on the street. But officers and deputies agree on one thing: They're frustrated with the trend.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department