Houston to spend $24 mil beefing up police force
By Kevin Moran
The Houston Chronicle
HOUSTON, Texas — The city of Houston will spend an extra $24 million on police overtime in the next three years while boosting the number of officers on the streets by more than 500 in that period, Mayor Bill White said today.
The overtime money will finance more than 500,000 hours of police work through the fiscal year that ends in July 2010, White said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Houston to spend $24 mil beefing up police force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman