Suspect hitting Fla. deputy with car shows danger of undercover work
By Jerome Burdi
GREENACRES, Fla. — An ex-convict, already arrested 15 times, is headed back to jail for allegedly striking a deputy with his car after a drug sting.
Deputies stormed Thomas Burgess' car after he sold $200 worth of crack cocaine to an undercover agent Sept. 19 in the parking lot of Paul's Motel, on Lake Worth Road, the Sheriff's Office said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house