Chicago mayor promises more cops and cameras
By Gary Washburn
The Chicago Tribune
CHICAGO — The city plans to hire 50 new police officers next year, transfer a similar number of veterans from desk jobs to the street and hire another 50 in 2009, Mayor Richard Daley said Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago mayor promises more cops and cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform