Calif. officer knows bullets wound more than the body
By Mike Macias
The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Editor's note: Mike Macias is a detective with the Ontario Police Department.
I had been a police officer with the Ontario Police Department for about 2 1/2 years when I was involved in my shooting.
I had no police experience before I was hired. I was attending Cal State Long Beach when I was hired by the Police Department. I was married with a 3-year-old son.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms