Pa. legislators want to add 10,000 more officers statewide
By Tom Barnes
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Two Pittsburgh-area legislators are pushing a bill that would add 10,000 municipal police officers around the state at a cost of $56 million.
"The primary function of government is to protect people,'' said Rep. Randy Vulakovich, R-Shaler, who was a Shaler police officer for 27 years before winning election to the state Legislature last year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman