3 killed in Halloween party shooting
By The Associated Press
RENO, Nev. — A shoving match that began over dancers colliding at a Halloween Party escalated into gunfire early Sunday, killing three men and sending costumed revelers fleeing from the house, police said.
Shots were fired inside and outside the home in a quiet, upscale Reno neighborhood shortly after 1 a.m., said Lt. Robert McDonald. It was unclear how many shooters were involved, but two men have been arrested.
''There really is no reason to kill anyone over something like this,'' McDonald said. ''It's one of the most ridiculous motivations for a (killing) I've ever heard of.''
He cautioned that the investigation was preliminary.
About 75 young people, some wearing costumes, were at the party, investigators said.
The suspects fled in a vehicle tracked down by police. Two 19-year-old Reno men were arrested on suspicion of robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and brandishing a firearm.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help