Drunk driver crashes into Fla. cruiser, injures officer
By Rachael Joyner
PALM BEACH, Fla. — Police arrested a West Palm Beach woman Thursday on charges she severely injured a Boynton Beach police officer when she crashed into his patrol car.
Karen Pauline Gomez, 35, was charged with DUI serious bodily injury and DUI property damage, according to court records. She was being held in the Palm Beach County Jail. Officer Brent Joseph, 28, is still recovering from his injuries, but he is back to work on light duty, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help