Colo. deputy hurt ramming suspect
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — A suspected robber wanted in Kansas was arrested after he fired a shot at a deputy and led officers on a chase reaching speeds of 100 mph.
Jacob Anthony Avila, 22, was arrested for investigation of attempted murder of a police officer and is being held in the Jefferson County Jail, according to Jim Shires, spokesman for the Jefferson County Sheriff's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Colo. deputy hurt ramming suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department