Va. county steps up police intervention for domestic violence
A 2005 report shows that breakups were a factor in 40 percent of homicides that occurred in domestic violence incidents
By Chris L. Jenkins
Related: The many different faces of domestic violence
FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. — Fairfax County is developing Northern Virginia's first Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team, designed to analyze and review homicides and murder-suicides that are a product of abuse between family members or intimate partners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper