Va. county steps up police intervention for domestic violence
A 2005 report shows that breakups were a factor in 40 percent of homicides that occurred in domestic violence incidents
By Chris L. Jenkins
Related: The many different faces of domestic violence
FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. — Fairfax County is developing Northern Virginia's first Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team, designed to analyze and review homicides and murder-suicides that are a product of abuse between family members or intimate partners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police