Va. county steps up police intervention for domestic violence
A 2005 report shows that breakups were a factor in 40 percent of homicides that occurred in domestic violence incidents
By Chris L. Jenkins
Related: The many different faces of domestic violence
FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va. — Fairfax County is developing Northern Virginia's first Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team, designed to analyze and review homicides and murder-suicides that are a product of abuse between family members or intimate partners.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman