Md. police adopt domestic violence "lethality assessment" checklist
Tools gauge abuse risks
By Justin Fenton
The Baltimore Sun
Va. county steps up police intervention for domestic violence
BALTIMORE, Md. — It used to be that police officers responding to the scene of a domestic violence call would gauge the volatility of a situation using little more than intuition and a dash of hope. They'd advise victims to get help and trust that they would reach out to counselors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight