Noose found under Conn. patrol car
By Daniel Tepfer
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A hangman-type noose — a symbol of racist lynchings that sparked controversy in Stratford and elsewhere nationally over the last several months — was discovered Wednesday under a black police officer's patrol car.
The noose was discovered under the police cruiser parked outside the department's Community Services Division on Sylvan Avenue, said police Lt. James Viadero.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Noose found under Conn. patrol car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police