Noose found under Conn. patrol car
By Daniel Tepfer
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A hangman-type noose — a symbol of racist lynchings that sparked controversy in Stratford and elsewhere nationally over the last several months — was discovered Wednesday under a black police officer's patrol car.
The noose was discovered under the police cruiser parked outside the department's Community Services Division on Sylvan Avenue, said police Lt. James Viadero.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Noose found under Conn. patrol car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help