Noose found under Conn. patrol car
By Daniel Tepfer
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A hangman-type noose — a symbol of racist lynchings that sparked controversy in Stratford and elsewhere nationally over the last several months — was discovered Wednesday under a black police officer's patrol car.
The noose was discovered under the police cruiser parked outside the department's Community Services Division on Sylvan Avenue, said police Lt. James Viadero.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Noose found under Conn. patrol car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department