Denver readies graffiti cameras
By Daniel J. Chacon
The Rocky Mountain News
DENVER, Colo. — Surveillance cameras that trigger a police alert within seconds of detecting a graffiti vandal in action are coming to Denver next month, making the city the first in the nation to test the cutting-edge spy equipment.
"Graffiti isn't unique to Denver, but I believe that Denver is in a unique place that we can help be the trailblazer in these efforts," Mayor John Hickenlooper said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Denver readies graffiti cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms