Ga. officer 'devastated' after crash kills fellow deputy's wife
By Tim Eberly
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. — Douglas County sheriff's deputy Chris Black got the worst kind of news Thursday afternoon from his hospital bed.
The woman killed Wednesday in a head-on collision with Black while he was rushing to an armed robbery was the wife of a fellow deputy — a woman his wife had lunch with earlier this week, Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help