Truck thief hurts 2 Chicago officers
By Tara Malone and Alexa Aguilar
Tribune staff reporters
CHICAGO, Ill. — Two Chicago police officers were taken to a hospital Sunday afternoon after a man trying to steal a construction truck from a vacant lot on the city's North Side rammed his pickup truck into their sedan, police officials said.
The man, whose identity was not released, then sped south along Ashland Avenue and hit two additional cars near Wrightwood Avenue before he was taken into custody, police said. Charges have not yet been filed, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Truck thief hurts 2 Chicago officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court