Mass. officials eye sponsor-a-cruiser ad program
By Mike Underwood
MELROSE, Mass. — Melrose is mulling plans to slap advertising on cop cars to boost law-enforcement funding.
Officials have asked local businesses if they would be interested in sponsoring new cruisers to replace a fleet of aging vehicles that is "falling apart."
"I don't want a police car looking like a NASCAR, but I'm also a realist and I know we can't maintain the fleet unless we act creatively," said Mayor Robert Dolan.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. officials eye sponsor-a-cruiser ad program
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police