Mass. officials eye sponsor-a-cruiser ad program
By Mike Underwood
MELROSE, Mass. — Melrose is mulling plans to slap advertising on cop cars to boost law-enforcement funding.
Officials have asked local businesses if they would be interested in sponsoring new cruisers to replace a fleet of aging vehicles that is "falling apart."
"I don't want a police car looking like a NASCAR, but I'm also a realist and I know we can't maintain the fleet unless we act creatively," said Mayor Robert Dolan.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. officials eye sponsor-a-cruiser ad program
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy