OT puts two dozen Boston officers in '$200,000 club'
Lucrative police overtime and detail shifts have scores of city cops doubling and even tripling their base salaries.
By Dave Wedge and Joe Dwinell
BOSTON, Mass. — As the city struggles to rein in spending and hold down property taxes, some 25 Hub cops raked in more than $200,000 in 2006 while another 25 nearly cracked that figure, hauling in more than $190,000, a Herald review of city payroll records has found.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police