OT puts two dozen Boston officers in '$200,000 club'
Lucrative police overtime and detail shifts have scores of city cops doubling and even tripling their base salaries.
By Dave Wedge and Joe Dwinell
BOSTON, Mass. — As the city struggles to rein in spending and hold down property taxes, some 25 Hub cops raked in more than $200,000 in 2006 while another 25 nearly cracked that figure, hauling in more than $190,000, a Herald review of city payroll records has found.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help