OT puts two dozen Boston officers in '$200,000 club'
Lucrative police overtime and detail shifts have scores of city cops doubling and even tripling their base salaries.
By Dave Wedge and Joe Dwinell
BOSTON, Mass. — As the city struggles to rein in spending and hold down property taxes, some 25 Hub cops raked in more than $200,000 in 2006 while another 25 nearly cracked that figure, hauling in more than $190,000, a Herald review of city payroll records has found.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman