Two fatally injured after Ill. trooper loses control of squad car
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor and Leah Thorsen
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
O'Fallon, Ill. — Illinois State Police on Friday night were investigating how a state trooper lost control of his cruiser and crossed an interstate median, causing a four-car crash in which two people were killed.
At an evening press briefing, police said a witness told them that another car had cut in front of the police cruiser, causing the officer to lose control.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house