Two fatally injured after Ill. trooper loses control of squad car
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor and Leah Thorsen
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
O'Fallon, Ill. — Illinois State Police on Friday night were investigating how a state trooper lost control of his cruiser and crossed an interstate median, causing a four-car crash in which two people were killed.
At an evening press briefing, police said a witness told them that another car had cut in front of the police cruiser, causing the officer to lose control.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help