W.V. officer hit by drunk driver
The State Journal
KANAWA COUNTY, W.V. — On Thursday about 11:30 p.m., Kanawha County Deputy J.M. Vernon was working a DUI patrol in the west end of the county. Deputy Vernon was traveling west on Route 60 near B Street in St. Albans. The other vehicle involved was traveling east on Route 60.
As both vehicles approached the B Street intersection, the other vehicle made a left turn into the path of Deputy Vernon's patrol car. The vehicles collided with a significant impact and came to rest in the roadway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.V. officer hit by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman