W.V. officer hit by drunk driver
The State Journal
KANAWA COUNTY, W.V. — On Thursday about 11:30 p.m., Kanawha County Deputy J.M. Vernon was working a DUI patrol in the west end of the county. Deputy Vernon was traveling west on Route 60 near B Street in St. Albans. The other vehicle involved was traveling east on Route 60.
As both vehicles approached the B Street intersection, the other vehicle made a left turn into the path of Deputy Vernon's patrol car. The vehicles collided with a significant impact and came to rest in the roadway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.V. officer hit by drunk driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court