N.C. patrol vehicle allegedly stolen
The Charlotte Observer
YORK COUNTY, N.C. — Angelita Sanchez, 34, of Rock Hill faces charges after authorities say she stole and wrecked her boyfriend's patrol car Tuesday.Sanchez was charged with grand larceny of an automobile over $5,000 and a charge of driving under the influence, police said. The car, a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria, was part of the fleet at the York County Sheriff's Office, the report said.
Around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, police responded to a car crash on Charlotte Avenue, according to police reports. Lance Cpl. Ron Johnson of the S.C. Highway Patrol said Sanchez struck a fire hydrant with the car. Authorities found the car in the 900 block of Charlotte Avenue near Milton Avenue. No one was hurt during the incident, said Lt. Jerry Waldrop of the Rock Hill Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. patrol vehicle allegedly stolen
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend