Ill. deputy's daughter fatally shot at home
By Dennis Sullivan
Related: Guns and Kids
CHICAGO, Ill. — The 4-year-old daughter of a Cook County sheriff's deputy was killed early Sunday after she and her 15-year-old brother were handling a gun in the family's Chicago Heights apartment, police said.
It's not clear if the gun is the mother's service firearm.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. deputy's daughter fatally shot at home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds