Ill. officer, bicyclist recovering after crash
By Dennis Sullivan
Special to the Tribune
JOLIET, Ill. — A Joliet police supervisor and a bicyclist remained hospitalized Monday following a collision at Illinois Highway 53 and Patterson Road shortly after midnight Saturday, officials said.
The bicyclist, Cedric Bacon, 53, who had been staying at a Joliet homeless center, was recovering from surgery at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood for internal injuries and a broken leg. The supervisor, whom Police Chief Fred Hayes declined to identify, was being treated for facial and head injuries at Silver Cross Hospital in Joliet.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. officer, bicyclist recovering after crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help