Fla. officer injured after patrol car is rammed
The Orlando Sentinel
Related: N.C. officer recovering after flipping squad
EDGEWOOD, Fla. — Edgewood police are looking for two men who were caught committing the relatively minor crime of criminal mischief early Tuesday but became wanted as felons for attacking a police officer.
In response to a rash of smash-and-grab burglaries in the small city just south of Orlando, officers were staked out overnight in front of the Edgewood Isles shopping plaza on Hoffner Avenue, police Chief John Tegg said.
The plaza has been hit several times by burglars who steal cars, then crash through store windows to grab safes before fleeing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer injured after patrol car is rammed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms