Calif. department to cut police force; will lose 25 LEOs
The Modesto Bee
MODESTO, Calif. — Budget cuts the Modesto City Council approved Tuesday night will slice services most residents take for granted.
Police, fire and parks staffing will diminish through attrition to shore up Modesto's budget with $8.6 million in cuts to city departments. The Police Department will lose 25 officers and nine civilian posts, drawing down its sworn ranks to about 260.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests