Va. chief defends gun buy-back program
By Peter Dujardin
The Daily Press
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Police Chief James Fox is fully aware of the argument that gun buy-back programs don't do much to quell violence.
But scrambling to cut a city murder rate that has surged this year, Fox is looking for answers. And he said a Dec. 15 buyback program could be a small part of the solution to a big problem.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. chief defends gun buy-back program
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman