Calif. sweep targets 1,000 illegal gun owners
The Modesto Bee
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Authorities have seized more than 540 guns in recent weeks as part of a statewide crackdown on convicted felons and others banned from owning firearms, California Attorney General Jerry Brown announced Monday.
Attorney General Jerry Brown, seen through the trigger hole of a .50 caliber weapon, announces the results of a crackdown on felons who possess illegally firearms Monday, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. sweep targets 1,000 illegal gun owners
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform