Calif. sweep targets 1,000 illegal gun owners
The Modesto Bee
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Authorities have seized more than 540 guns in recent weeks as part of a statewide crackdown on convicted felons and others banned from owning firearms, California Attorney General Jerry Brown announced Monday.
Attorney General Jerry Brown, seen through the trigger hole of a .50 caliber weapon, announces the results of a crackdown on felons who possess illegally firearms Monday, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. sweep targets 1,000 illegal gun owners
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house