Violent crime dips in Philadelphia
By Andrew Maykuth
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — Lambasted early this year for Philadelphia's rising crime rate, Mayor Street is on the verge of handing off the city to Michael Nutter with all forms of violent crime in retreat.
After four years of increases, reported violent crimes were down 8 percent as of Sunday, according to statistics compiled by the Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Violent crime dips in Philadelphia
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court