Calif. man suspected in 17 bank robberies arrested
The Salt Lake Tribune
CALIFORNIA — A California man police believe is responsible for robbing 17 banks, including one in Utah, was arrested Thursday.
Arthur Eli Cheney of Napa, Calif., 64, was arrested by a California Highway Patrol trooper on suspicion of robbery, said Sgt. Victor Quezada of the Sandy Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman